Thursday, May 27, 2010

Sprouts!

The digital camera was too far away, so this cell phone picture will have to do for now. We've had crazy weather here- a late frost two weeks ago that damaged some of the plants I put out too early, and yesterday we hit a new record for May 26th of 98F. I was so glad to see that the heat hasn't affected the seeds I planted this past weekend. These are my "Baby Pam" pumpkins, just sprouted this morning. I've also got turnips coming up, and basil and bell peppers successfully transplanted outside. No sign of life from the lettuce or spinach yet....but maybe they are just slow learners! I'll transplant the Roma and Cherry tomato seedlings to the outside beds this weekend. Pictures to follow, hopefully!

3 comments:

  1. AWESOME!! Looks good, speaking of baby..... how are you doing???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm feeling great! Starting to feel more energetic again, and not too much trouble with morning sickness. Will be 12 weeks on Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's great! I was sick the entire time. Ugh!I'm so happy for those that are not, as it was awful!

    ReplyDelete