Monday, May 10, 2010

It's been quiet...too quiet!


My apologies for the quiet from this corner for the last week or two! We've been preoccupied with planning for baby (I know, I know, we've got time still!) and trying to get the gardens going. I spent last weekend, which was beautiful and sunny, weeding the garden beds where the peppers and tomatoes will go. This past weekend was VERY windy and cold, and we've got frost warnings for tonight so everything is on hold until I know I can put the rest of the plants outside. Not unheard of weather for Connecticut in May, but not common either. I thought for sure that after a couple of 90 degree days at the end of April, the warm weather would be here to stay. Boy, was I wrong!
If you can see the tool in my hand, let me tell you- that was the best $2.99 I ever spent on a garden item ever! One side is a hoe and the other is a small rake. Great for weeding! Besides, it makes me look slightly dangerous when I'm out in the yard by myself, which is always helpful since I'm small, blonde, and mostly harmless. :)

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean about the weather. It was so nice for awhile I thought I would get the garden in early but the last couple of days the lows have been 25 so I have put it off. I even waited on my broccoli and cauliflower even though I know they are hardier. Well now it looks like 4 days of rain but as soon as I can do it without getting wet plants are going in. My peas are doing well though and my rhubarb and strawberries are up so that is nice. Good luck on your gardening!

    ReplyDelete