Thursday, February 25, 2010

Bliss..




I have to admit, I'm taking a cue from some blogger friends and writing about my cat today.

My husband got Bliss for me for Christmas three years ago. He was a stray that a friend had rescued and raised. This is just one more example of how awesome my husband is- he was not a cat person at all, but knew how much I wanted one.

Bliss has grown up to be one of those aloof cats who really just wants to be fed and left alone. He'll act all cute and friendly until you try to get close and cuddle with him. Then he'll run off and give you the evil eye from the corner. Later, he'll come running back and beg, sometimes loudly, to be fed. He'll follow me to the food container and point at it, all the while meowing.

You can see his awesome mittens in the first picture. Bliss is polydactyl, but only on the front paws. One paw has three extra toes, and the other has two. When he plays with toys, it looks like he has oven mitts on.

As much as I love our dog, I'm still a cat person. I'm hoping that when we have our barn, I can have a couple of barn cats!

No comments:

Post a Comment