Thursday, September 30, 2010

Busy, busy, busy!





It seems I've been really sparse on the blog postings lately. I never was a prolific writer by any means, but two weeks is just too long between posts! My apologies- baby seems to be in all of my thoughts and I find it hard to concentrate on anything else.

My parents came down from New Hampshire this past weekend to help me paint the nursery. While here, I asked them to help crack open the 7 pound Hubbard squash. I didn't think I had a knife big enough. I'm glad I asked for the help- it took the two of them, a large knife, and a hammer to get into the thing! It is absolutely beautiful inside- perfect! I'll save the seeds and then make a squash puree for a pie.

As unsuccessful as my garden was this year (Final tally: two Hubbards, two zucchini, three cherry tomatoes, two turnips, and four small pumpkins), I feel extraordinarily blessed with everything that I have and everything I accomplished.

I can't wait to teach my little one all about gardening.

No comments:

Post a Comment