Sunday, July 25, 2010

Name that squash?

This first one is pretty easy...it's my first pumpkin ever! She's going strong so far. These are the "Baby Pam" variety, so they will probably get to be no more than 4-5 pounds. I think it's really wonderful to be watching my vegetables grow as I watch my belly grow too. :)

I'm certain that I did not knowingly plant these. I planted pumpkin seeds, zucchini seeds, and "autumn-winged gourd" seeds. This to me does not look like any of those! Any suggestions? Mismarked seeds? Rndom yellow or crook-necked squash seed mixed in? Either way, it looks so cool!

4 comments:

  1. my guess is the winged gourd, just in super baby mode. looks like it might get 'warty' as it matures, very cool shot. hoe is the pregnancy going? you must be getting close?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't had success growing any of those but my guess would be a yellow crook necked. At least that's what it looks like now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks twistie! I'm due December 13th, so I'm actually only halfway there. I'll be harvesting pumpkins and weird squash (hopefully!) before baby gets here.

    I'm not sure today if it is a crook necked squash- today it got a lot fatter around the middle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Growing belly and growing veggies... what a beautiful abundant life you're living! :)

    ReplyDelete