Monday, November 16, 2009

Misadventures in home-ownership

The short story is this: someone came to our house while we were away and siphoned out all of our home heating oil from our oil tank, and then damaged the tank and the connection to the house. There are no words for how angry I feel. I don't understand why anyone would feel it's appropriate to take something they didn't work hard for. Worse yet, that someone must have watched our house and seen that we just got an oil delivery, and then waited for us to be out. Thankfully, our homeowner's insurance will help with the cost of repairs, but we are now on day two without heat or hot water and it's starting to get a little old. Tomorrow will be a better day.

2 comments:

  1. Are you kidding??!!! I think that is the most dispicable thing I've heard in quite some time! I'm SO sorry about this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is SO terrible! Why do people behave that way!!! ALl I can think is that must be pretty desperate to risk being caught over such a theft.

    ReplyDelete